This privacy notice is issued on behalf of A&M Commercials Ltd, referred in this privacy notice as “A&M”, “we”, “us” or “our”.
Who we are
The A&M website is brought to you by A&M Commercials Ltd, a company incorporated and registered in Northern Ireland with company number NI036272, with registered address 36 Doohat Road, Keady, Armagh, BT60 3HE.
Purpose of this privacy notice
We take your privacy very seriously. As such, we ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information about:
- what personal data we may collect from you;
- how we will use, store and protect your personal data;
- with whom we may share personal data; and
- your rights under relevant data protection laws.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Third party links
The A&M website may contain links to and from other applications, plug-ins and websites of other networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they (and any services that may be accessible through them) have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these apps, websites or services. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use such services.
Lawful basis for processing
Under data protection laws, we must have a legal basis in order to process your personal data. The legal bases on which we may process your data are:
- Consent: where you have consented for us to process your personal data for one or more specific reasons. For example, to send promotional materials about our services and products.
- Performance of a contract: in order to perform and manage a contract we may have with you.
- Legal obligation: where processing of the data is required by law.
- Public interest: where processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
- Legitimate interest: in order to carry on the purposes of providing you with the equipment you need. In particular:
- To perform a contract you have entered with us in accordance with its terms and conditions;
- To deliver our products and services;
- Recovery of any outstanding payment or equipment due to us under an agreement with you;
- For analysis to improve our products and services as well as our business, even if you have decided not to proceed with entering into an agreement with us;
- To contact you about products and services we consider may be of interest to you, unless you opt-out of such communications; and
- To keep our records up to date.
What data we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal data about you and your representatives:
- Identity data: first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact data: billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial data: bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction data: details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical data: internet protocol (IP) address, your login data to websites/systems (where applicable), browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and other related technology on the device used you use to access this website.
- Profile data: your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage data: information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and communications data: your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How we collect information from you
We collect your personal data in a number of ways:
- Directly: contact, financial and identity data directly provided by you when you fill in online forms or correspond with us in any way, for example when:
- applying for services;
- submitting a query;
- requesting or consenting to marketing materials being sent to you; or
- providing us with feedback.
- From third parties/public sources.
- Technical data may be obtained from the following parties:
- Analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- Search information providers such as Microsoft based inside OR outside the EU;
- Identity and contact data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU; and
- Any other public databases.
How we use your personal data
- To create a database of prospective customers;
- To provide a quotation;
- To deliver equipment;
- To provide the requested services and support to you;
- To carry out our obligations under our agreement with you;
- To enforce our rights under our agreement with you;
- To provide customer service, including to respond to your enquiries and fulfil any of your requests for information;
- To send you important information regarding our services and/or other technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- To personalise your experience on our website.
Security of your data
In order to protect your personal data, we have appropriate organisational and technical security measures. These measures ensure our internal IT systems are suitably secure, and we have implemented procedures to deal with any suspected data breach. In the unlikely event of a data breach, we will take steps to mitigate any loss or destruction of data and, if required, will notify you and any applicable authority of such a breach.
Sharing of your data
- To our shareholders
We may share your data with our shareholder, their agents, advisors and employees for the purposes of auditing our business, meeting our reporting requirements and to carry out our obligations under our agreement with you.
- To third parties
There may be circumstances in which we may also need to share your personal data with certain third parties, including third parties located outside of the EEA. The third parties to which we may transfer your personal data include:
- Organisations which help us provide you with the product and service you have with us, e.g. electronic data storage services.
- Our agents and advisors who help run your account with us, collect what you owe, provide a tracing, repossession, or collection service (if required);
- HM Revenue and Customs;
- Regulators and other authorities;
- Your guarantors;
- Claim handlers;
- Any party linked with you or your business;
- Companies that we introduce to you and you are happy for us to pass on your details.
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data we process and hold about you. These include:
- Right to rectification: you have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to require us to delete your data, subject to certain legal requirements.
- Right to restriction of processing: you have the right to require us to restrict the way in which we process your personal data. You may wish to restrict processing if, for example:
- You contest the accuracy of the data and wish to have it corrected;
- You object to processing but we are required to retain the data for reasons of public interest; or
- If you would prefer restriction to erasure.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to obtain from us easily and securely the personal data we hold on you for any purpose you see fit.
- Right to object to processing: you have the right to require us to stop processing your personal data should you wish the data to be retained but no longer processed.
- Right of access: you have the right to request access to personal data that we may process about you.
Right to withdraw consent: you have the right at any time to withdraw consent allowing us to process your personal data. Please note if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you, if we were relying on your consent to provide them. There may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep your use your data. But please tell us if you think we should not be using it.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please:
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity (such as a copy of your driving licence or passport) and address (such as a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- specify the right you wish to exercise.
We will respond to requests made by you within one month.
We will not charge a fee for you to exercise any of the rights listed above.
For more information about the cookies we use, please see our Cookies Policy.
Amendments to this Privacy Notice
No changes to this Privacy Notice are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing. We reserve the right to vary this Privacy Notice from time to time. Our updated terms will be displayed on this website. It is your responsibility to check this Privacy Notice from time to time to verify such variations.
Questions in relation to this Privacy Notice
You should also be aware that you have the right to raise any concerns in relation to how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
We have appointed a data protection lead (DPL) who is responsible for dealing with any such concerns, in addition to overseeing questions in relation to this Privacy Notice and handling requests in relation the exercise of your legal rights. If you have any concerns, questions, or requests, please contact the DPL using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: A&M Commercials Ltd
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 36 Doohat Road, Keady, Armagh, BT60 3HE
Telephone number: 01925 811 188